Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Setting my sights!



I live on the Delaware & Raritan Canal Path, and am just discovering what a great place this is for running. Not only is it ever beautiful, with lots of wildlife (yesterday I saw a spotted faun right off the path) But it has great predetermined mileage sites, each site is about two and a half miles apart. This will be great for training for the half-marathon I am hoping to run at the end of August at Liberty State Park, there on the banks of the Hudson, looking over the Manhattan skyline. I don't even want to mention the other running goal I have for later in November.

Yesterday ran five miles from the Weston Bridge to Amwell Rd. By the end of this month I hope to be running from Weston to Blackwell's Mills Bridge and back. heaven help me, I'll need it